Media Protocol is understanding how to proceed and to avoid when confronted with the press.
The way you react as well as your attitude toward them will ultimately affect your company and how it’s portrayed towards the public.
Understanding Media Protocol, will also help you are aware how to construct your company and credibility. 3rd party details are considered more reliable and also the public trusts it more.
Why dealing with the press is really a two-way street in good occasions and bad.
That people require a symbiotic relationship using the media and why.
How you can communicate with them and respond to questions.
What barriers and misunderstandings can arise.
What not to say.
How to prevent pitfalls and traps.
1. What’s your belief system for the media? This enables you to understand what sort of coverage you will likely receive.
I’ve come across lots of people condition the news is-negative. That’s a perception not always located in truth. We have a tendency to notice what we should believe.
Fact: News means different things, something unusual. There are other good stuff happening on the planet than bad. It is exactly what means they are newsworthy.
2. With what areas do you consider you’d be an excellent source of information? What’s your expertise? What happens your objectives are?
3. Would you think that each individual inside your organization would understand how to react to (NOT Respond To) the press and know who to direct these to?
Keep in mind that we have to build relationships the press, not defeat them. The individual we defeat today will most likely function as the person whose cooperation we want tomorrow.
4. Can you know the kinds of crisis you will find and the way to arrange for them. How about damage control? Can you get sound advice? And what about Internal Communications. Rumors and miscommunications can spell disaster if they’re not worked with. Can you know the best way of handling them?
5. Throughout an interview, are you aware how you can respond to questions professionally or perhaps around the place thinking. Will you be in a position to assist the reporter or interviewer? Quite frequently, you will find areas they thank you for assistance.
6. Would you comprehend the difference from Opinions, Judgments & Criticisms? It is crucial within an interview, that could do or die you. Would you handle yourself when the reporter said these were skeptical or break apart.
These questions and much more, clarified fully will help you flourish in your company, media and pr campaign.
Remember that we want a symbiotic relationship using the media. We would like these to wish to allow us to and provide us coverage. You will see occasions when you wish to announce an approaching event, a breakthrough or alternation in your business etc. The way you have treated them previously will affect what sort of coverage you’re going to get, whether it’s good or otherwise.